Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Fall Frenzy


So here we are in the holiday season. I know the title of this post is "Fall Frenzy" but now that I look at it, it seems to be more of our activities from the fall. Well, anywhoo. Since this is the second time writing this post (I just erased instead of saved the last one) I am going to write this backwards from the time that it all happened. This past week, we went to the live Nativity in the valley. We were disappointed that the Camel was sick, but it was still really neat to see lots of other animals. Sophie got to pet some goats and went to pet a horse, but he seemed really cranky to Grandpa Tryon took her to see another horse. After we saw the animals, we went on a hayride. Since it had rained all day and even while we were there, we (and the hay we sat on) were pretty wet by the time we were done. The horses pulled our wagon through the mud and it made me glad that I wasn't a horse, cause it looked like very hard work!

Sophia loves to dance with her daddy. She loves jammin' and snapping her little fingers to some crazy dancing music, but nothing seems to be as fun as waltzing around the kitchen while being serenaded by her dad. It is priceless! Perhaps it is just spending time with Daddy. They loved to sword fight with these noisemakers we got at a baseball game, but they were so crazy with their fighting that one popped and now they play sneak attack with the one they have left. It is really funny to watch. It just tells me that my little girl is kind of a tom boy. She will tell you that her favorite superhero is Batman, she loves to swordfight, she loves to kick/throw/toss any sort of ball, and she has even played tackle football with her uncles! Oh, and don't forget that she loves her hotwheels!

Cam's birthday was in Nov. and we invited some people over to have an improv night. That was a blast! The funnest game to watch was 'helping hands'. Kevin (pictured right) was Cam's hands as he decorated his cake. Good thing Sophie and I made two cakes, the one they decorated ended up in Cam's face and all over the floor! It was well worth it though!
Also this fall I participated in a murder mystery show where I was 'Rosita' the cuban illegal immigrant. I was also the killer. (mwahahaha) I thought the mob boss was an immigration and 'neutralization' agent and I did not want to get deported. So, I put rat poison on his cigar and that was all she wrote. It was quite fun!
The last few pics are from the pumpkin walk this year. Sophie loved the wooden cut outs, and many of them were her height which made them all the more fun! It sure has been a busy, but fun fall. Our little family is truly blessed!











No comments: